It's Raining, It's Pouring.. My old man is snoring...

Ok, so me and JT are back together again and well, did I expect anything to change? Not really, but I did hope against hope, lol.  I'm trying not to be mad that I am plugging away and working my butt off to try and make sure that the income keeps rolling in and we are able to pay our bills on time while he is in  the bedroom in his pj's. That is the concept behind working from home, right? Being home in our pjs?

So, let's cut to the chase, here.  I need a reality check pertaining to my expectations and the reality that I live in.

Expectation #1:  I expect to not be the only one responsible for paying bills, buying food, cleaning the house and earning income
Reality: I am the only one who actively works on ways to provide for my family. JT is a good grocery shopper, but with my money. People only clean around here once they see mom get up and start doing it. While mom is working at the computer, everyone else believes it is their break time.

Expectation #2: I expect people to take care of their own obligations.
Reality: Apparantly, I am the only one who believes that if you have something that is totally your responsability, take care of it ASAP before it becomes a massive snowball of destruction headed straight at you. 

Expectation #3: I expect children over the age of 10 to know that there are certain things that they can do to make a household run easier, and then do them without being told a million times and watching their mother turn into a stark raving lunatic.
Reality: They are kids.

Expectation #4:  I expect that if you need something to wear to school the next day or have a school function that mom needs to be let known of, you should do it weeks in advance, leave me notes, put it on the calendar, SOMETHING, because mom's brain is overloaded and I CRS.
Reality:  I am usually told at midnight of the evening before the specific item or event is needed. Usually for the first time, lol!

Ok, that's some of them.  And I've accepted the fact that my reality is a bit different from what I expect of others.  Kinda.

I don't necessarily think that what I expect is all that bad.  I mean, they are only common sense things, right? Or, am I wrong?

Well, I'm off to blog another blog, eat me a bagel and advertise, advertise, advertise. 

Photobucket

0 comments:

Followers

© 2008 Por *Templates para Você*